It depends on your family/household needs:
A Nanny Would
Supervise the kids and make their meals (includes following parents decision for dietary and using judgement regarding healthy meal plans)
– Carefully seek and suggest activities for kids (considering after school, breaks and season)
– Help with school work/projects and ensuring parents see and sign all paperwork due back to school
– Responsible for picking up the home, keeping the kids’ things organized – including home work/projects
– Take kids to parks, play dates, etc.
– Help parents with other household chores, especially when the kids are in school – includes laundry, errands, grocery, light cleaning, etc
– Nanny would sometimes serve as a house manager – ensuring the house runs smoothly – they hold up all the schedules and lists – organizing and directing contractors the family hires,.
A House Manager:
is a hard working and talented who is committed to helping families with their personal lifestyle. The household manager is usually responsible for taking care of the household and catering to the family members; if there are other employees in the house, they generally would supervise their work. For this position, the manager would provide professional domestic services such as housekeeping – included but not limited to running personal errands, grocery shopping, purchasing gifts, driving kids to activities, child care – before and after school, ensuring kids do home work, preparing some meals, manage the household calendar and greet and tend to house guests; ensure the smooth running and operation of the home. The best individual for the job must be able to exercise discretion and confidentiality in all their domestic duties. A house manager is usually paid a little higher than a nanny – depends on experience